Scripture Reading: Romans 12:1-2 Focus will continue throughout the entire chapter as the message grows
1. Salvation is free to me. It is a gift. All I have to do is reach out and take it. But.....after that there are some expectations from the gift giver as to what He wants me to do with that gift.
2. Knowing the sacrifice that went into the creation and execution of that gift, I must be aware that I am also expected to behave and have the mindset of a sacrifice. Not to acknowledge the price that was paid for me is the essence of ingratitude and arrogance.
3. Scripture says that "Let the mind of Christ Jesus be in me." Easier said than done. Here are some good guidelines as to how to help that miracle occur.
4. Step by step I am to grow in grace and favor with others as I grow in fellowship with Christ.
Scripture Ecc. 3:1-13
We call every year a new year but truth is that each one is pretty much like the ones before. Resolutions are great if made in a way that allows us to be what God intends us to be.
1. I must know what my PURPOSE is on this earth. Is it to be all that I can be or all that my Savior wants and intends for me to be.
2. I must PRIORITIZE my actions and use of time. A purpose once known needs to be placed in a position to be acted upon.
3. I must PLAN to do what I am led to do by the Holy Spirit. I may not always be comfortable or sure, but I must step out in faith to do what He has purposed for me.
Scripture: James 1:17, Eph.2:8
The miracle of Christmas is that God gave us the most perfect gift that we could ever dream of. We can never understand what the gift we were given cost and how we will benefit from it for eternity.
God's gift was personal. It was crafted with every single individual ever born as the intended recipient, An eternity of planning and preparation went into it's timing and packaging.
God's gift was practical. Without it I am lost for eternity. There is absolutely nothing I can do to escape my fate without accepting His gift. I am floating in the middle of an ocean storm with no raft, floatie or ability to swim. He gave me the only way for me not to drown. Very practical.
Presents are not about paper - but purpose. Presents are not about ribbons but the reason for giving.